Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Three Cheeses - Random Musings

Today I decided to start a blog.  In general, my life is wrapped up in a few things.  Family, my relationship with Jesus, serving in some ministries, exercise, crochet.  When I sum up my life in that way, it certainly establishes some strong categories of priority.  I will ponder those later, when they are relevant, but I have already digressed from my own chosen topic.

I typically bring enough food to work to have breakfast and lunch for several days.  I like planning ahead and knowing that there are reasonably healthy choices at hand, rather than depending on the $12 lunch to follow up the $5 coffee on my way in.  When I opened the work refrigerator this morning to find something to eat, "my" half of a shelf struck me, as it had maybe 7-8 items stashed there, three of which were varying types of cheese.  Mind you, I do like cheese.  But why three kinds?  And why are two of the packages unopened?   Here is a visual for you:



Cheese calls my name at the grocery store.  It looks delicious; the names are tantalizing.  More than 50% of the time, I am disappointed with the cheese once I taste it.  A simple solution:  shop for cheese only at boutiques where I am offered samples.  Another simple solution:  purchase only the types I am certain I love.  

Ah, such simple solutions we can find for ourselves in life.  And why do we insist on repeating the same habitual mistakes??  And why, today, did I decide my compulsive cheese purchases are interesting enough to share with the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment